Undergraduate Healthcare Plan
For students in full-time, on-campus Undergraduate programs
The Royal Roads University Student Association (RRUSA) has contracted with the student association of the University of Victoria to be included in their extended health and dental plans. These services are provided to all undergraduate students enrolled in full-time face-to-face programs at RRU. The extended health plan provides benefits beyond what is covered by your BC Care Card benefits. Medical benefits are carried by Pacific Blue Cross, and managed through Student Care. Coverage includes dental and vision care.
All plan information, including benefit details, claims information, travel insurance coverage and benefits cards can be found online at ihaveaplan.ca.
This coverage is automatically provided to all undergraduate students in full-time, on-campus programs. If you already have equivalent extended health and/or dental coverage (e.g., you are covered under a parent’s or spouse’s extended health and/or dental plan) you can opt out of the RRUSA plan. To opt out, please visit ihaveaplan.ca.
Spouses and Family Dependants
You can enrol your spouse and dependants in the RRUSA extended health and dental plans for an additional cost. Same-sex couples are included in the definition of spouse. Visit ihaveaplan.ca to enroll your spouse or family.
U-Pass Bus Pass
The Royal Roads University Student Association, in partnership with Royal Roads University, is very excited to offer the U-Pass program for on-campus, undergraduate students. On April 21, 2011, the Royal Roads University Student Association conducted a referendum on the U-Pass; it passed with 83% of voters in favour of the new program.
The U-Pass is part of a wider sustainability project, along with carpooling and biking initiatives, to reduce the percentage of single occupancy vehicles, which currently account for 90% of commuters to the campus. This will reduce the need for more parking as RRU grows, so the campus will not be paved over for parking lots and help the environment by lowering emissions. Transit use on U-Pass campuses typically grows by much over 50%.
Starting in August 2011, full-time, on-campus, undergraduate students at RRU will have unlimited access to the Victoria transit system for a annual, mandatory fee, based on the number of months a program has on-campus classes. This is a mandatory program for on-campus, undergraduate students with very limited exemptions.
- U-Pass offers affordable, safe and reliable transportation – all prepaid and convenient. No hassles with transfers and exact change.
- You can use your bus pass to run errands/ travel on evenings and weekends (downtown and to the ferry and airport). Safe travel option if you’re drinking. Late night buses (1:30am on Friday and Saturday).
- U-Pass saves you money on travel costs. Gas is expensive. You can avoid parking fees/ tickets/ hassle. And you can study or sleep on the bus!
- Provides ‘rainy day’ and long trip transportation for cyclists. BC Transit’s fleet is equipped with racks that can carry up to two bikes at a time.
- More students on transit will mean even better service to RRU in the future and fewer cars means more parking spaces on campus for those who do drive.
- U-Pass and monthly transit pass users can save by claiming a tax credit on their income tax return. Keep your receipts. For more information, visit www.transitpass.ca.
- Unlimited access to transit throughout the year.
More information coming soon.
More information coming soon.